ONE STUDENT DAY is approaching and we would love nothing more than for you to join us in celebrating on 11.1.11. Here are seven suggestions for you to join the empowerment party, but don’t stop here! If you have a vision, embrace it and go for it. Let your creative juices flow and rejoice in the One Student festivities in a way that’s authentically you. Most importantly, pass the party vibes on to members of your community.
- Sign the One Student pledge. Take it even further by hosting a pledge signing event in your community. Set up a laptop station and invite folks to pledge online or provide the pledge in paper form.
- Wear your One Student pride and rock orange on One Student Day.
- Paint your palm and post. You can use markers or body paint to show the world you will be the one. Take a pic and tweet and/or post on the One Student Facebook page, use our festive hash tag #onestudentday. Hosting a “Be the One” station on campus is a great way to get your community involved. Besides, what else were you going to do with the leftover Halloween face paint?
- One Student-ize your campus by sharing important statements in your community. Post on Twitter and Facebook—that’s easy! You can produce your own crafty signage or publicize on electronic message boards on campus. Another great way to One Student-ize your campus is by displaying the One Student posters, by the way they’re gorgeous and free!
Sample statements: One sexual assault is too many. One Student can make a difference. / I will make sexual choices that I am comfortable with. /Will you be the one to change your generation?/I am a survivor./ I will support survivors of sexual assault./ Understanding healthy relationships is an important part of sex education./ I will always ask for consent.
- Take action! Share one thing you will do to help end sexual violence in your community. Upload your pic and statement to the One Student Facebook page and while you’re at it, share on Twitter and use the celebratory hash tag #onestudentday. You can make this a group effort and create a display of statements on campus.
- Impart wisdom and knowledge via social networks by sharing web-links to your favorite resources available through One Student. #onestudentday
- Participate in the official One Student Day Celebration. Information about the Tampa event here. Can’t make it to Tampa? Join us virtually by posting on Facebook and Twitter between 6p- 8p EST on Tuesday, November 1, 2011. Your comments will be shared on a live feed displayed at our soiree’.
It only takes one student to make a difference. Will you be the one? Register your campus as an official One Student Day virtual participant and receive updates and accolades. Contact us at email@example.com