Program Development Internship — Spring 2011
One Student, a nonprofit organization, provides students and their allies with programs, resources and opportunities to address sexual violence. We are seeking a driven, visionary thinker to assist in developing our primary initiatives and to help encourage students to enact lasting social change in communities throughout the country.
This is a chance to gain real experience in health education, organizational outreach and leadership development while promoting sexual assault awareness and healthy relationships in a positive, inclusive and creative manner.
Qualified applicants must be comfortable corresponding with all levels of campus community members and must have strong communication skills both oral and written. The ideal candidate will be an articulate, creative and organized self starter. Prefer applicants with leadership experience who are passionate about sexual assault awareness, sexual health and sexual equality. Only sexually empowered individuals or those with the desire to become so need apply.
This is an unpaid, part-time telecommute position. Start date is January 2011 and will conclude in May 2011. If desired, we will work with the student and university to ensure college credit is provided for the internship.
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 12/10/10 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Intern Resume.
Position responsibilities will include the following:
• Correspond with and develop a working relationship with campus leadership, staff and student volunteers who are interested in or affiliated with One Student
• Recruit potential partners and volunteers
• Further develop and maintain volunteer database
• Identify and promote positive examples of students enacting change via the One Student network
• Contribute to educational outreach efforts via weekly community wall posts
• Contribute to assigned program development of No Woman Left Behind or Collegiate Consortium as needed
• Assist in managing Student Involvement committee of the No Woman Left Behind Advisory Board or Assist in establishing/ managing the annual calendar for the Collegiate Consortium
*Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.