Seeking contributing writers to be a part of the One Student Editorial Board
One Student’s latest program is designed to create a national platform for talented college students and their allies to address issues related to sexual health, sexual equality, sexual assault and social justice. Contributions will be submitted to our world class editors and distributed through the One Student network. Each writer will be part of the One Student Editorial Board and have a profile on the One Student website and receive mentoring from our team of professional editors.
Submit one article per month to the One Student editors by the assigned date. Each writer is expected to serve a six month tenure.
- Topic must be related to sexual assault awareness and healthy sexuality or a subject matter that advances the mission of One Student. “One Student provides students and their allies with programs, resources and opportunities to address sexual violence.”
- Each piece must be 500 words or less
- Article should inspire conversation
- No victim blaming, school/ organization bashing or inappropriate language.
- Your opinion is yours, while the One Student faculty may not agree with your stance on a particular issue, as long as you’re respectful and share your point of view in a healthy manner we welcome your commentary.
Sample article topics:
- Response to a current article or event.
- Address a political action relevant to our mission.
- Share a personal experience related to sexual assault.
- Highlight community efforts to address sexual violence.
- Highlight things you want to challenge communities to do differently or better.
- Challenge retailers who sell sexist, homophobic, racist or other oppressive products.
- Interview someone awesome.
Articles must be submitted by the first Friday of each month to allow several weeks for review and edits prior to publishing. For example, articles submitted by Friday, March 1 would post to the website in April.
Send a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2013. Please include your name, campus/ organization, current community involvement and tell us why you should be one of the chosen few.