Red Flags of a potential Sexually Abusive Situation
1) Someone who tries to separate you from your friends at a party
2) Someone who keeps feeding you alcohol to make you very drunk
3) Someone who wants to “take you somewhere private” and you’ve only known them for a few hours
4) Someone who calls you disrespectful names if you say “no” to them (i.e. a tease, asshole, bitch, fag, dyke, etc.)
5) Someone who doesn’t respect your decisions around limiting your drinks or staying with your friends. Remember, if they don’t listen to your “no I don’t want another beer” they may not listen to your “no” later on
6) Someone who is focused solely on your looks (i.e. comments on your legs, what you’re wearing, how hot you are etc.) and won’t hold a reasonable conversation with you
7) Someone who uses their status to impress or coerce you (i.e. “I’m the captain of the football team. You should feel lucky I’m spending time with you when I could have any girl I want.”)
8) Someone who is significantly older than you are (a 45-year-old college professor has little in common with an 18-year-old freshman).
9) Someone who tries to coerce you into taking nude or provocative pictures (these can be used later on if you try to end the relationship to embarrass you).
10) Someone who has a “reputation” for being abusive or sexually coercive (i.e. my friends told me he/she can be an ass, some of their friends told me to stay away).